|Work-Study Job Request,
University of California, Berkeley
||SAGE Administrative Assistant
||Sustainable Agriculture Education, SAGE
||Position Overview: Sustainable Agriculture Education (SAGE) is seeking a part-time administrative assistant to provide our organization general office support, data entry, education development, and assistance with a variety of events and projects. We are looking for someone who will be able to work throughout the 2018 spring semester, with the possibility of an extension. We will work with the candidate to create a flexible schedule. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with nonprofit work, food/agriculture policy, project development, social networking, Salesforce, website design, and event planning.
• Update and maintain database systems (Salesforce and other internal systems)
• Update and maintain the SAGE website, using WordPress
• Create social media postings, using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Create and send e-newsletters to SAGE web mailing lists
• Provide research support for projects and fundraising as needed
• Perform other administrative tasks as needed (i.e. correspondence management, document processing, filing, organization)
SAGE (www.sagecenter.org) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit organization dedicated to revitalizing multi-functional agriculture near cities and fostering vital food systems that connect urban and rural communities. SAGE envisions and helps realize model projects and action plans at the intersection of healthy local food, regional sustainable agriculture and resilient urban communities. SAGE provides tools, research, and ‘know-how’ regarding incorporation of agriculture and local food systems into community, city and regional planning and policy frameworks. SAGE works in collaboration with public agencies, farmers and ranchers, educators, conservationists, economists, planners, public health leaders, developers, public-interest advocacy organizations, and community groups in urban and rural areas.
Scheduling and Workplace:
Position is approximately 10-12 hours per week; hours are flexible with weekly tasks and scheduled meetings. Work place is a desk in the open office that SAGE shares with the Bay Area Open Space Council (BAOSC), American Rivers, and the Golden Hour Restoration Institute at the David Brower Center in downtown Berkeley.
• Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office; Google Apps; social media platforms; experience with Salesforce, WordPress, and Adobe Suite is desirable
• Interest or experience in food/agriculture is desirable, but not required
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
• Fast learner, enthusiastic, with a sense of humor
• Conscientious, detail-oriented, and dependable
To apply: please email resume, cover letter and 2 references to email@example.com.